The snowmen were angry. They rolled together to overpower the....
Freak and Frack stealthily crept under the tree. They had to hide. If they were caught....
This is the prompt within the picture written in black letters is the prompt to use for today. Take a moment to close your eyes and visualize the mechanical dragon. Hear the noises it makes as it moves, breathes, shoots fire. What odor does it emit from its nostrils and smoke? If you were to touch its scales...what would they be like?
Try to answer the following questions within your story.
1. Who are the characters in your story? Who is the main character in your story?
2. What is happening? What events led to the Dragons stalking the street.?
3. When did the story take place? When did the dragons stalk the streets? (night, day, time period, future, past,...etc.)
4.Where did the story take place? (locations...city, town, country, etc.)
5.Why are the dragons stalking the streets. Why are they dragons with mechanical wings? Why? etc.
Review: A singular noun= one person, place, thing, or idea
Plural noun= names more than one. To form a plural of most nouns, you simply add an -s Other plural nouns are formed in different ways.
Rewrite the following sentences in cursive and ink using the correct form of the noun in parentheses.
1. My father loves to tell funny baseball (storys, stories).
2. He said that at one game the first four (benches, benchs) in the stadium collapsed.
3. The (spectatories, spectators) crashed to the ground and were covered in mud.
4. The umpires were the (heros, heroes) at that game.
Write the plural form of each singular noun.
1. radish 6. ant 11. bush
2. box 7. banana 12. bus
3. cherry 8. horseshoe 13. baby
4. watch 9. loaf 14. piano
5. country 10. valley 15. echo
Broken and battered he crawled through the grass. He had to reach it; he just had to. I watched from behind the...
Directions: your journal prompt should be folded in one of the following fashions. Use the attached links to fold your note.. and turn it in in this manner tomorrow. Remember to make this a pretend creative writing prompt. It can be about anything.
My palms were sweaty. I told my best friend...she suggested I write a note. Should I? Yes.... I should tell my secret...
Create a short story based on the image above. Use vivid descriptions to create imagery. Your story should be a fairy-tale or fantasy fiction. Before you start, have in mind how you want your protagonist-hero and your antagonist-villain interact or solve the conflict. Story requirement is 1 full page but you may do more if you are inspired.
Tissues fell from the old man's hand...softly landing upon the floor...
Antecedents of Pronouns
A pronoun is closely related to the noun it replaces. The noun that the pronoun takes the place of has a special
name. It is called the antecedent. **An antecedent is the noun (or group of words acting as a noun) for which a pronoun stands.
**Latin prefix "ante" means "before" and most antecedents do come before the pronouns that take their
Example: My father opened his present first. He felt he couldn't wait any longer.
Father is the antecedent. His, he, and he are the pronouns.
Sometimes a pronoun will have no definite antecedent. Ex: Who will represent the class in the student council?
In the following sentences underline the pronouns and circle the antecedent.
1. There is a zoo in Arkansas that trains and houses a remarkable group of animals.
2. Visitors at the zoo can see such marvels as Bert Backquack and his all-duck band.
3. The zoo also includes among its residents a roller-skating parrot.
4. The trainers there believe that most animals behave intelligently if they are treated with respect.
5. Davy Crockett's tales made him a legend in his own time.
Rain fell heavily on the pavement. The air smelled like...