Create a short story based on the 7 point short story structure. Begin by filling out #1-7. Then begin writing your story. Assignment Twist: story must include the line, "...but if anyone asks, tell them we're fine." Underline this line in the story. Story should be a minimum of one full page (500 word minimum) not including the 7 point story structure. Have fun with this. Think beyond what is typical and ordinary.
10th: She remembered wishing, on one particular morning when Father mixed lead white with the smallest dot of lead-tin yellow for the goose quill in a painting of Mother writing a letter, that she might...
9th: He took out his books one at a time, started to stack them in order by color and size. The library silence was a comfort as he...
A noun is word that names a person, a place, thing, or idea. A common noun refers to any one of a certain kind of a person, a place, thing, or idea. A proper noun names a specific person, a place, or thing.
Part A: Write the sentences below. (remember formatting PRINT & PENCIL) Identify the nouns in each sentence and label (INK) whether they are common or nouns or Proper nouns. (format--) Rewrite the following sentences in cursive and ink.
1. Morris kept the withered paw of a monkey in his pocket.
2. Mr. White believes the legend and wishes for money.
3. When Herbert is killed at his job, his parents receive money from his employers.
4. Mrs. White tries to bring Herbert back to life using magic.
Part B: Write (pencil) the sentences below. Underline (ink) the common nouns in the following sentences. Then, substitute a proper noun (label- ink) if possible to make the sentence more precise.
9th Grade: (Can Truth Change): I sat in my room on the concrete floor believing everything the facility told me. But I knew...
10th Grade: (Reality vs. Truth): Everything around me had changed. There were certain things that had to be done. I just didn't know if...
Write the following sentence and correct the spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
1. after visiting the Museum our class walk too the city Park so he could spend an our in the fresh heir?
2. Next time I hope that we spend the hole day at the parc
3. i especially enjoyed watching a duck with a trane of ducklins in tow swam in the pond?
4. i never would known there could be so much in 1 park.
1. scientist__________________ thorax____________________
2. insect ___________________ identification _______________
3. scent____________________ laboratory__________________
4. swamp __________________ grocer ____________________
5. abdomen_________________ botanist ___________________
What are some positive things that have occurred in your life or in the world during this time of physical distancing? What are some negative things that you are experiencing because we are physically distancing from each other?
Write the flawed sentences. Correct the spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
1. Jeffrey waked up at fiv-thirty in the morning to watch the son rise and to paint the view?
2. He thougt that there will be something peaceful about early morning!
3. he needed to use her time wisely, because in a few ours there was people out walkin and cars startin to move?
4. He noticed that the yellow, and orange from the sun is lined with pink hues.
9th & 10th: THEME: Reality/Truth Fiction/Nonfiction Unit 1
Daily Language Skills -1 Diagnostic Review
Label the parts of speech in the following sentences. Leave space between the lines for the labels. (article, noun, pronoun, verb, helping verb, adjective, adverb, conjunction, interjection, preposition)
4. The purple book will be the one we use in our class.
This is a brand new beginning for most of you. Think about what you want to accomplish this year in the areas of your 1.) your spiritual growth 2.) your friendships and family life (social) 3.) School goals and learning. and 4.) your future. Write about each section. Take your time and really think deep. We will be writing a reflection piece at the end of the year to see what changes or growth has occurred.
Where are you now in these areas and where to you want to be. THINK!!!
Unit 1 -