From far away he came, flying as fast as he could across the sky, brandishing his whip and yelling to all those who could hear...."Get out of my way!" I jumped, I screamed, I....
The little fat man was sly. He crept under the cover of darkness and slipped into the house. No one can see me he thought. I need to work fast. Over his shoulder he glimpsed....
Create a short story based on the 7 point short story structure. Begin by filling out #1-7. Then begin writing your story. Assignment Twist: story must include the line, "...but if anyone asks, tell them we're fine." Underline this line in the story. Story should be a minimum of one full page (500 word minimum) not including the 7 point story structure. Have fun with this. Think beyond what is typical and ordinary.
10th: She remembered wishing, on one particular morning when Father mixed lead white with the smallest dot of lead-tin yellow for the goose quill in a painting of Mother writing a letter, that she might...
9th: He took out his books one at a time, started to stack them in order by color and size. The library silence was a comfort as he...
A noun is word that names a person, a place, thing, or idea. A common noun refers to any one of a certain kind of a person, a place, thing, or idea. A proper noun names a specific person, a place, or thing.
Part A: Write the sentences below. (remember formatting PRINT & PENCIL) Identify the nouns in each sentence and label (INK) whether they are common or nouns or Proper nouns. (format--) Rewrite the following sentences in cursive and ink.
1. Morris kept the withered paw of a monkey in his pocket.
2. Mr. White believes the legend and wishes for money.
3. When Herbert is killed at his job, his parents receive money from his employers.
4. Mrs. White tries to bring Herbert back to life using magic.
Part B: Write (pencil) the sentences below. Underline (ink) the common nouns in the following sentences. Then, substitute a proper noun (label- ink) if possible to make the sentence more precise.
9th Grade: (Can Truth Change): I sat in my room on the concrete floor believing everything the facility told me. But I knew...
10th Grade: (Reality vs. Truth): Everything around me had changed. There were certain things that had to be done. I just didn't know if...
Write the following sentence and correct the spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
1. after visiting the Museum our class walk too the city Park so he could spend an our in the fresh heir?
2. Next time I hope that we spend the hole day at the parc
3. i especially enjoyed watching a duck with a trane of ducklins in tow swam in the pond?
4. i never would known there could be so much in 1 park.
1. scientist__________________ thorax____________________
2. insect ___________________ identification _______________
3. scent____________________ laboratory__________________
4. swamp __________________ grocer ____________________
5. abdomen_________________ botanist ___________________