Directions: Use your academic vocabulary words from Unit 4 to fill-in the blanks. Number your paper and make sure you spell the words correctly!!
1. The judge ordered the remarks _________________ from the record.
2. Being __________________ with a well-known law firm is often an important first step on the way to a successful political career.
3. Few people will make enough money in their lifetime to be in a position to _____________________ a fortune to their heirs.
4. The television coverage resumed as soon as the delegates _______________ on the hall to hear the keynote speaker's address.
5. When a scuffle broke out, the commissioner ordered the police to __________the crowd.
6. We need to __________________ what it will cost to remodel our kitchen.
7. A group of legal scholars held a press conference to present a(n) _____________plea for reform of the state's prison system.
8. The elegantly dressed couple strolled down the boulevard with a(n) _________________ air.
9. In addition to his abilities as a leader, Abraham Lincoln was a man of high literary _____________.
10. Their ___________________ attitude toward their servants was extremely offensive.
11. Someone whose offense is deemed by the judge to be ________________ may be ordered to perform community service.
12. Scientists are trained to record their observations with _________________ accuracy.
13. Scientists today have so much specialized knowledge that they sometimes seem ____________.
14. Medieval lords did everything possible to make their castles ___________________ fortresses.
15.There are only a(n) __________________ number of possible answers to a multiple-choice question.
16.While pretending to be a loyal friend, Iago told Othello ____________________ lies.
17 In many of the world's cultures, young people are taught to _____________their ancestors. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court should be someone whom all parties hold in high ______________________.
18. You are mistaken if you think that getting more money will be a(n) ______________________ for all your troubles.
19. It is highly unusual for a beginner to display such a(n) __________________skill at playing bridge.
20. The burglar ___________________in the alley looking for a way to get into the darkened jewelry store without attracting the attention of anyone who might be nearby.