Examples: post office, bull's-eye, flagship
Golden Gate Bridge, left-hander, doorknob
middle school, son-in-law, railroad
Write the sentences below, underline the compound noun(s) in each sentence.
1. In a desert both people and animals search for water holes.
2. The dining room in our hotel is near the tennis court.
3. This antique typewriter belongs to my sister-in-law.
4. She has pictures of a wolf spider, a horned beetle, and a praying mantis.
Use a dictionary to find the correct form of the compound nouns. number your paper 1-5 and write only the correct compound form.
1. postmaster, post-master, post master
2. side-line, side line, sideline
3. son in law, soninlaw, son-in-law
4. base ball, baseball, base-ball
5. fire place, fire-place, fireplace